May 4, 2019
There will be 3 training tracks that day:
- UAS Mission Pilot. Review the requirements and get some “stick” time to practice. You must be a current FAA Part 107 pilot to be in this training. NOTE: You can get your part 107 at age 16 so Cadets ARE eligible to be UAS Mission Pilots. See attached SQTR for details.
- UAS Technician. Review the SQTR requirements and practice with some UAVs and the UAV photos that day. This is open to any member (Cadet or Senior) that meets the prerequisites (Mission Staff Assistant). See attached SQTR for details.
- Have Interest, not sure where to start. This is for everyone (Cadets and Seniors) that has an interest in the UAV program but do not know where to start or do not meet any of the prerequisites.
- Location: Hawk Mountain Ranger School. 218 Pine Swamp Rd, Kempton, PA 19529
- Date: May 4th, 2019. 0800 - 1600.
- Cost: $10 (bring cash or check payable to PAWG Civil Air Patrol or Authorization for payment from Squadron Account)
- Lunch will be Provided.
- Uniform: Any Utility Uniform. We will be outside, dress for the weather
- Participants will be allowed to camp outside at Hawk Mountain if they choose. NOTE: Each group must provide their own Senior Members for supervision if spending the night.
- Transportation: This is a “C” mission, there is NO mission funding or fuel reimbursement.
- If you have a UAV or have one as part of your stem kit at the squadron, please feel free to bring it along.
- This a PAWG ES training event - not a Hawk Mountain event. If you have interest in going to the Hawk Summer School, this is a great way to see the location ahead of time!
- Everyone will get some stick time with the UAVs that day. We will have some small trainer models for members to use.
SIGN-UP FORM: https://goo.gl/forms/I7V6zj215A4VTBYd2